Registration is Open: 1st Annual AEF 5K Run
We are excited to announce the inaugural Arlington 5K race, both in person and virtual.
Sunday, May 15, 2022
8:00am – 10:00am
Early bird (through 4/15): $35
After 4/15: $40
The race is sold out, but please consider participating as a virtual runner!
The AEF 5K run celebrates education in Arlington — its students, their teachers, and all staff who work tirelessly to create enriching educational experiences for Arlington’s students. Proceeds from the AEF 5K Run will directly enrich the educational experience of Arlington’s children by funding innovation across the school district.
The 5K Run is open to all ages and can be run in person on the course below or virtually from any location you choose — on the treadmill, at the gym, or on any road. For virtual runners, you get to run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself.
Arlington Education Foundation (AEF), a 501(c)(3), which works to support and advance public education in Arlington. AEF provides grants for innovative and creative new projects as well as system-wide initiatives that enhance the educational experience in Arlington.
The 5K run will start at 8am sharp and end at Hill’s Hill Field, behind the Ed Burns Arena (422 Summer Street, Arlington, MA).
- After starting on the Hill’s Hill field, turn left (East) onto the Minuteman Bikeway.
- Continue East to Water Street.
- Turn right on Water Street and then a quick right (West) onto Massachusetts Ave.
- Bear right (West) from Massachusetts Ave. onto Lowell St.
- Turn right onto Mill Lane (which becomes Frazer Lane at the Schwamb Mill) to return to the Minuteman Bikeway.
- Continue East on the Minuteman Bike Path back to Hill’s Hill Field to the race finish.
Registration – Sold Out!
Registration is open to all ages. The race is sold out, but please consider running or walking virtually by registering below.
- $35 per participant through 4/15 (early bird).
- $40 per participant after 4/15.
- Discounts are available, regardless of registration date, for ACE’s Arlington elementary and middle school running programs, including Fit Girls, Boys in Motion, and the Ottoson & Gibb Schools’ Running Clubs.
- Personalized bibs will be provided for all participants who register by 4/15.
- T-shirts will be provided for all registrants — youth (Y) and adult (A). Please indicate size (unisex) when registering.
Awards & Results (in person runners)
Due to the generosity of the local community businesses, we are able to provide awards for:
- Top 3 fastest 13 and over male and female identifying runners
- Top 3 fastest 12 and under male and female identifying runners
- Medals will be awarded for all 12 and under race finishers.
- Chip timing will be coordinated by Second Wind Timing.
- Results will be posted and emailed to all participants.
Awards will be given out at 9:15am in front of the AEF Tent.
Bibs for those who register by 4/15 may be picked up at the Ed Burns Arena and Ice Skating Rink — 422 Summer St, Arlington, MA (look for the AEF tent).
- Thursday, 5/12 from 5-7pm
- Friday, 5/13 from 5-7pm
- Saturday, 5/14 from 8-10am
Race Day Logistics
Race Start Time: 8:00am sharp!
- The first group to start will be the FitGirl, Gibbs, and Ottoson Running Clubs and all other Youth Runners.
- A second wave (separated by only a couple of minutes) will include everyone else!
- Please arrive early enough to line up on the field by 7:55am
Race Day Parking: VERY LIMITED ONSITE PARKING
- Please consider walking, biking, running, or parking off site. Parking at the Ed Burns Arena is very limited.
- Please note – there is no parking on the westbound side of Mass Ave. during the race from Water St. to Lowell Street.
- If you must drive, please allow yourself time to park off site and then jog/walk back to the start area on Hill’s Hill Field.
We need volunteers for race day! Interested in helping out? Please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
The race will follow all CDC guidelines in effect at the time of the event. We will communicate safety protocols to participants during the week before the race.
The race will run unless extreme weather prevents safe conditions. There will be no refunds.
Become an AEF Business Sponsor and enjoy new sponsor benefits at our inaugural 5K race!
We are grateful to sponsor, 88 Acres, for their in kind donation of snack bars on race day.
Please contact email@example.com
Proceeds from this 5K run benefit the Arlington Education Foundation.