Registration is open: 2nd Annual AEF 5K Run
Sunday, May 21, 2023
8:00am – 10:00am
Hill’s Hill Field – behind the Ed Burns Hockey Rink, Arlington, MA
Early bird (through 4/24): $35
After 4/24: $45
The maximum number of participants is 800, so register early!
About the Race
We are excited to announce that registration is open for the second annual Arlington Education Foundation 5K. The AEF 5K celebrates and supports education in Arlington’s public schools – it’s students, teachers, and all the staff who work tirelessly to create enriching educational experiences. The proceeds from the AEF 5K will fund innovative teaching and learning experiences across the Arlington School District.
Registration is open to all ages.
- Early bird pricing (through 4/24): $35 per participant
- General pricing (after 4/24): $45 per participant
- A discount is available for all Arlington Community Education Kids in Motion running groups regardless of the registration date. Please register with ACE first, get your coupon code, and then register for the race.
- Personalized race bibs will be available for all who register on/before 4/24.
- T-Shirts will be provided for all 14-year old and under participants, and for all older teens/adults who register before May 1st. Please indicate the size when registering.
- Adults may opt out of receiving a t-shirt to offset race costs. This will increase AEF’s ability to fund innovative educational programs.
There is no race day registration. Last year, the race sold out so register early!
Awards & Results (in person runners)
Due to the generosity of the local community businesses, we are able to provide awards for:
- Top 3 fastest 13 and over male and female identifying runners
- Top 3 fastest 12 and under male and female identifying runners
- Medals will be awarded for all 12 and under race finishers.
- Chip timing will be coordinated by Second Wind Timing.
- Results will be posted and emailed to all participants.
Awards will be given out at 9:00am in front of the AEF Tent.
The 5K run will start at 8am sharp and end at Hill’s Hill Field, behind the Ed Burns Arena (422 Summer Street, Arlington, MA).
- After starting on the Hill’s Hill field, turn left (East) onto the Minuteman Bikeway.
- Continue East to Water Street.
- Turn right on Water Street and then a quick right (West) onto Massachusetts Ave.
- Bear right (West) from Massachusetts Ave. onto Lowell St.
- Turn right onto Mill Lane (which becomes Frazer Lane at the Schwamb Mill) to return to the Minuteman Bikeway.
- Continue East on the Minuteman Bike Path back to Hill’s Hill Field to the race finish.
Race bibs must be picked up prior to race day at the Ed Burns Arena, 422 Summer Street, Arlington, MA (look for the AEF tent)
- Thursday, 5/18, 5-7:30 p.m.
- Friday, 5/19, 5-7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, 5/20, 8-10:30 a.m.
There will be NO RACE DAY BIB PICKUP.
Race Day Logistics
Race Start Time: 8:00am sharp!
- Please arrive early enough to line up on the field by 7:55am
Race Day Parking: VERY LIMITED ONSITE PARKING
- Please consider walking, biking, running, or parking off site. Parking at the Ed Burns Arena is very limited.
- Please note – there is no parking on the westbound side of Mass Ave. during the race from Water St. to Lowell Street.
- If you must drive, please allow yourself time to park off site and then jog/walk back to the start area on Hill’s Hill Field.
Do you have a free hour or two? We need volunteers for pre-race tasks and on race day in order to ensure that the AEF 5K is the safest and most fun race experience for all our participants.
Please sign up to assist our Race Leadership Team on race day or with a pre-race task during the week before the race.
The race will follow all CDC guidelines in effect at the time of the event. We will communicate safety protocols to participants during the week before the race.
The race will run unless extreme weather prevents safe conditions. There will be no refunds.
Become an AEF Business Sponsor and enjoy new sponsor benefits at our inaugural 5K race!
We are grateful to sponsor, 88 Acres, for their in kind donation of snack bars on race day.
Please contact email@example.com
Proceeds from this 5K run benefit the Arlington Education Foundation.
Arlington Education Foundation (AEF), a 501(c)(3), which works to support and advance public education in Arlington. AEF provides grants for innovative and creative new projects as well as system-wide initiatives that enhance the educational experience in Arlington.