What We Look For
The Arlington Education Foundation works to support and advance public education in Arlington. Our grants support system-wide initiatives as well as creative new projects that enhance the educational experiences of Arlington’s teachers and students.
NOTE: These are not prerequisites but should be used as guidelines for what AEF looks for when reviewing applications.
AEF strongly encourages projects that:
- Augment and enrich the education provided by the Arlington Public Schools.
- Encourage leadership, creativity, and skills development in teachers and administrators.
- Benefit many students, often in multiple classes, grades, subjects and/or schools.
- Provide a lasting benefit to Arlington’s school system.
- Utilize other sources of funding in addition to AEF.
AEF will NOT support projects that:
- Serve a limited number of students without a long term effect.
- Do not provide a clear curriculum and/or community benefit for students or teachers.
- Should be funded through existing curriculum or professional development funds.
Who is Eligible
AEF offers four types of grants that reach all Arlington Public Schools. Eligibility varies for each grant category.
|Innovations in Education||Arlington teachers, administrators, parents, or community members. Non-school-based applicants must partner with the Arlington Public Schools.|
|Continuing Scholar Awards||Any Arlington Public Schools educator who has worked for the district for at least three calendar years and is returning to the district in the following year.|
|Development & Expansion||Arlington Public Schools teachers and administrators. Pre-qualification is required.|
|District Investment||By invitation only.|
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for an Innovations in Education Grant or Continuing Scholar Award, please follow these steps:
- Contact your AEF School Representative: If you are interested in submitting an application for any of our grants, we strongly encourage you to consult with the AEF representative at your school. School reps can advise you, guide you through the process, and give you feedback on your application. Use them as a resource to ensure your application is as successful as possible!
- Download and complete your application
- Submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org and please copy your school representative.